CALIFORNIA – PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
California’s Proposition 65, also called the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act, is a Right to Know Law regarding Californians being able to make informed decisions to protect themselves from chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. The law states that Californians have a right to know if a chemical may cause “more than 1 extra case of cancer in 100,000 people over a 70-year lifetime."
Some Products sold by Swissturn/USA and our J.I. Morris Miniature Fastener division contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Some products sold by Swissturn/USA and J.I. Morris Miniature Fasteners may contain these chemicals in a smaller amount than Proposition 65’s concern, however we have chosen to issue this warning on all products that contain any amount of the chemicals listed below out of an abundance of caution and because our customers have the right to know.
Chemicals listed within Proposition 65 as of August 1, 2018 that may be contained in Swissturn/USA manufactured products are:
- Cadmium and Cadmium compounds – Some products that Swissturn manufactures do contain Cadmium plated components. Cadmium is listed as causing Cancer, Developmental & Male Reproductive Toxicity.
- Chromium – is used as an alloying element in Stainless Steels. Listed as causing Cancer and causing Developmental Toxicity and Male and Female Toxicity.
- Lead and Lead Compounds – Some products that Swissturn manufactures are components machined from alloy C360 Brass (and other Copper alloys), which may contain up to 4% lead as an alloying element. Lead is also used as an alloying element is some carbon steels (i.e. C12L14, 41L40 etc.). Lead is listed as causing Cancer, Developmental Toxicity, Male and Female Reproductive Toxicity.
- Nickel (Metallic) – Some products Swissturn manufactures includes components that are nickel plated and Nickel is used as an alloying element in Stainless Steels. Nickel (Metallic) is listed as causing Cancer and listed as under consideration for causing Developmental Toxicity and Male and Female Toxicity.
- Tetrafluoroethylene – Some of the components Swissturn manufactures mare made from PTFE (Teflon). PTFE is a polymer of Tetrafluoroethylene. Tetrafluoroethylene is listed as causing Cancer.
For any of the above, specific product information is available upon request.
More information about CA Proposition 65 is available at https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/.